- 1.5 kg of mussels
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 4 glasses of white hypocras
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- The juice of a lemon
- 150 g toast and crushed
- 4 onions cut into small pieces .1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 good saffron tip
- Well and clean the molds. Make them open on high heat in an oiled skillet.
- Reserve the water they make by cooking, after passing it to remove the sand.
- Remove the mussels from their shells and reserve them.
- Toast the bread, crush it and then soak it with the cooking water of the mussels, the vinegar and the lemon juice.
- Fry the chopped onions in a little oil, then leave on low heat so that they finish cooking but stirring so they do not burn.
- In a saucepan, mix the soaked bread, onions, white hypocras and spices. Mix everything. If the sauce seems too thick add a little water. Boil this mixture for at least 10 minutes. Add the mussels and heat until the mussels are hot.
Back to the list of recipes