- 6 pears
- 1 liter of red hypocras
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 6 teaspoons of honey
- Cook the peeled pears for 1 hour over low heat.
- Remove the pears and reduce the juice. Cover the pears and serve very cold.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
Another way to prepare them
- 6 large, very firm pears
- 1 bottle of red hypocras
- 200 gr of sugar -1 stick of vanilla
- 10 cl of crème de mure or blackcurrant
- Peel the pears carefully, keeping the tail.
- Choose a pan where your pears will hold all 6 at the bottom without much space.
- Heat all your ingredients over low heat, put the pears and cover.
- Cook 1/2 hour or 1 hour depending on the quality of the pears.
- Gently remove the pears and reserve in the cold.
- Reduce the cooking until the consistency of a syrup, filter and coat the pears.
- Serve very fresh with possible toothpicks.
Back to the list of recipes