Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 lobe of foie gras
- 2 mangoes (not too ripe, they will have more hold and give the tangy flavor)
- 12.5 cl mellow mead
- good bread
- some grains of sea salt
- Storing the lobe of foie gras Cut into 8 cutlets (1.5 cm minimum thickness)
- Peel the mangoes, reserving half of one
- Cut in length into slices of 1/2 cm thick
- Cut the remaining half mango into very thin slices (12 or 16 slices)
- Arrange these slices in fan of 3 or 4 and reserve them for the decoration of the dish.
- Flour 4 scallops (for more crunchiness, it is possible to use crumbs or ground cornflakes)
- In a hot skillet, brown 30 seconds on each side the unfloured cutlets.
- Reserve them, throw away most of the fat.
- Cook the thick slices of mango (5 to 6 minutes on each side, they should brown, but do not overcook, otherwise you will not "stand").
- During the cooking start to prepare the 4 plates with some sprigs of salad, and reserved mango slices, some pink berries can add a nice touch of color.
- When the mangoes are cooked arrange them on the plates, during this time put to heat 2 stoves.
- In 1 skillet, cook the floured liver cutlet, 1 minute maximum on each side.
- Half cooking iron in the other pan the first escalopes already browned, 30 sec each side.
- At the end of cooking put them on an absorbent paper to retain the fat.
- Deglaze with the mead the pan that was used to cook the liver without flour, while you have in each plate 1 cutlet of each liver.
- Decorate the plates with the sauce from deglazing the pan and present the rest in a gravy boat.
Back to the list of recipes